Each year, Essentia Health contracts with Professional Research Consultants (PRC) to randomly survey patients about their experiences in their hospitals and clinics. PRC uses results from the surveys to rank Essentia physicians, staff and facilities within its national database of approximately 400 healthcare organizations.
The 2021 awards are based on patient surveys conducted throughout 2020 and include Shanna Hendrickson, CNP, family medicine, who works at the Essentia Clinic in Frazee.
“The past year has been a challenging one, with many shifts in the ways care has been delivered and received,” says Essentia Health CEO David C. Herman, MD. “One constant amid this change is the heartfelt compassion expressed by our colleagues as they deliver their care, and the gratitude for this care expressed by our patients. These awards speak both to culture of care among our colleagues, and the impact of our care upon our patients and communities. I am proud of this recognition of our colleagues, and the teamwork that supports the great care delivered at Essentia each day.”
In Essentia’s West Market, which encompasses eastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota, three providers received PRC’s Top Performer Award, meaning they scored at or above the 100th percentile for overall quality of care.
Top Performers included:
• Bangalore Vijayalakshmi, MD, physiatry (pain management and rehabilitation in Fargo, N.D.
• Allison Klug, DC, chiropractic in Fargo, N.D.
• Prasad Sawardeker, MD, orthopedics and sports medicine in Fargo, N.D.
Earning the 5-Star Award (scoring in the top 10 percent, at or above the 90th percentile, of the PRC national client database for percentage of patients who rate the overall quality of care by the clinic/facility or unit/provider as excellent) were:
• Anita Jonason, MD, family medicine, Detroit Lakes.
• Amanda Beehler, DO, dermatology, Detroit Lakes.
• Hendrickson, CNP, family medicine, Frazee.
Earning a 4-Star Award (scoring in the top 25 percent, 75th through 89th percentiles, for percentage of patients rating the overall quality of care of the unit/clinic/provider as excellent) were:
• James Christensen, MD, obstetrics and gynecology, Detroit Lakes.
• Mark Windstrom, MD, obstetrics and gynecology, Detroit Lakes.
• Guillermo Marroquin Galvez, MD, obstetrics and gynecology, Detroit Lakes.
• Hope Adams, CNM, obstetrics and gynecology, Detroit Lakes.
• Tammi Fuchs, CNP, family medicine/geriatrics, Detroit Lakes.
• Shivan Kulasingham, MD, internal medicine, Detroit Lakes.
• Melanie Markuson, CNP, family medicine, Detroit Lakes.
• Macey Schaefbauer, PA-C, orthopedic surgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, Detroit Lakes.
The following hospital units also received a 4-Star Award in Overall Quality of Care:
• Essentia Health St. Mary’s-Detroit Lakes Hospital, Inpatient Services.