The Frazee-Vergas Public School District received a Positive Community Norms (PCN) grant from the Minnesota Department of Human Services-Behavioral Health Division in July. The five-year prevention grant was awarded because of the community support, readiness and capacity already available to prevent youth alcohol, tobacco and other drug use and misuse.
Positive Community Norms cultivate true lasting cultural transformation by involving students, parents, teachers and the entire community in understanding not just what’s concerning but also what’s hopeful.
The goals of the group will be to:
• Increase positive things already happening in the school and community.
• Correct misconceptions that most youth drink alcohol, vape, etc. Data shows most do not use these substances
• Find the untold goodness.
• Continue to encourage and support positive healthy choices.
• Bring forth that positive is the norm.
To attend the first community coalition meeting, meet in the Media Center at Frazee High School on Wednesday, Nov. 17 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
For questions or additional information, contact LeeAnn Felix, PCN Grant Coordinator at (218) 334-3181 ext. 5339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.