Builders Association gives $7k to area students
Scott Seim, a 2022 graduate of Frazee High School, was one of seven area students to receive a $1,000 scholarship from The Lake Region Builders Association Scholarship Foundation.
The scholarships are awarded to Class of 2022 graduates pursuing careers in the building trades.
Seim is planning to attend Bismarck State College to study Carpentry or Woodworking.
The mission of the Lake Region Builders Association is to educate, improve, and support the building industry in Becker, Otter Tail, Wilkin, Norman and Mahnomen counties. The LRBA Scholarship Foundation provides scholarships each year to students who plan to study in a construction-related field.
Other recipients include:
• Braxton Saewert (New York Mills) attending M-State in Moorhead, to study Plumbing & HVAC.
• Mairyn Erp (New York Mills) attending Alexandria Technical & Community College, to study Interior Design.
• Cole Koep (Parkers Prairie) attending M-State in Moorhead, to study Plumbing & HVAC.
• Katherine Stearns (Detroit Lakes) attending University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, to study Architecture.
• Lillian Carlson (Pelican Rapids) attending Alexandria Technical & Community College, to study Design or Architectural Drafting.
• William Starkey (Mahnomen) attending North Dakota State University to study Construction Management.