Michelle Swyter of Frazee was named to the spring semester 2022 Dean’s, according to a press release from the University of Minnesota-Crookston Office of the Registrar.
The U of M Crookston is one of the most respected career-oriented, technology-based universities in the nation.
To qualify for a place on the Dean’s List, students must complete 12 or more letter-graded (A-F) credits while attaining a 3.66 grade point average. The Crookston campus is the online leader in the University of Minnesota system and the only campus providing every full-time student with a laptop computer.
Mahoney earns Team Industries scholarship
Malena Mahoney was one of a dozen area graduates to be awarded a scholarshipo from the TEAM Industries Don Ricke Scholarship Fund, a component fund of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation.
Mahoney will be attending the University of Minnesota-Morris.
The annual scholarships were awarded to qualified students from a consortium of 16 Independent School Districts identified by TEAM Industries that are located in Northwest Minnesota.
The funds are awarded to students pursuing post-secondary education with a preference for engineering and technology-related fields of study.
A total of over $12,000 was committed to scholarship awards to this year’s recipients.
These scholarships are among 250 scholarships, totaling nearly $300,000 this year, that were given out through various funds housed at the Northwest Minnesota Foundation this scholarship season.
If you are interested in learning about how you can establish a scholarship fund at Northwest Minnesota Foundation or to support the TEAM Industries Scholarship, please visit www.nwmf.org.
The following local students are the recipients of the TEAM Industries – Don
• Grace Fullum, University of North Dakota
Abigail Johnson, University of Minnesota
• Ashley Maki, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Brooks Matetich, Embry – Riddle
Samuel Mutnansky, University of North Dakota
• Kaylee Westrum, University of Minnesota Duluth
• Caden Eckman, North Dakota State University
• Liam Hoefler, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
• Joshua Manecke, North Dakota State University
• Malena Mahoney, University of Minnesota Morris
• Turner Harrison, North Dakota State College of Science
• Anton Hickman, North Dakota State University
Local students named to MSU Moorhead Dean’s list
The following students have been named to the Minnesota State University Moorhead dean’s list in recognition of academic achievement spring semester 2022.
Students must maintain a 3.25 or higher grade point average and carry 12 graded credits to qualify for the honor.
MSU Moorhead is a comprehensive university offering more than 150 majors, emphases and options, 14 graduate degree programs, 40 certificate programs, and 31 areas of teacher licensure preparation. MSUM is a member of the Minnesota State system.
Students are also listed on the MSUM website, https://apps.mnstate.edu/newspapers
• Sydney Bahls (Physical Education, Health Education, Developmental Adapted Physical Education)
• Kathryn Baker (Business Administration)
• Sarah Beack (Early Childhood Education)
• Jacob Bettcher (Business Administration)
• Mackenzie Eckre (Speech/Language/Hearing Science)
• Annie Erickson (Physical Education, Health Education)
• Jenna Holmer (English, History)
• Autumn Kulik (Business Administration)
• Abby Nagel (Elementary Inclusive Education)
• Danielle Piche (Life Science Education, Chemistry Education)
• Ariana Vedbraaten (Psychology)
• Paige Ziegler (Exercise Science)
• Kaylee Baumgart (Health Services Administration)
• Hunter Campbell (Accounting)
• Wyatt Carlson (Photojournalism, Advertising)
• TJ Gillaspey (BFA in Art)
• Elise Lakin (Psychology)
• Elle Birkeland (Elementary Inclusive Education)
• Madison Ebeling (Elementary Inclusive Education)
• Abby Hoppe (Business Analytics)
• Andrew Johnson (Computer Science)
• Dylan Johnson (Exercise Science)
• Deanna Moenkedick (Business Administration)
• Noah Monson (Physical Education, Health Education, Developmental Adapted Physical Education)
• Elijah Schmidt (Project Management)
• Brianna Schwantz (Digital Media Management)
• Aaron Solberg (Elementary Inclusive Education)
• Carson Speicher (Political Science)
• Shawn Sweere (Project Management)
• Grace Tangen (Music Education)
Students named to NDSU dean’s list
• Kim Conklin (Agricultural Education)
• Isabella M. Matejka (Animal Science)
• Grayce Mickelson (Marketing)
• Piper Thorson (Architecture)
• Hayley L. Courneya (Natural Resource Mgmt.)
• Lindsay M. Hagerty (Civil Engineering)
• Faith Malstrom (Biological Sciences)
• Kendra Ovsak (Interior Design)
• Nickolas J. Aadland (Mechanical Engineering)
• Finn Diggins (Business Administration)
• Jack Fudge (Accounting)
• Logan R. Holzer (Architecture)
• Seth R. Johnson (Mechanical Engineering)
• Allison King (Art)
• Lisa Meader (Dietetics)
• Christopher C. Robinson (Computer Sciences)
• Livy Trepanier (Veterinary Technology)