Air National Guard to honor inductees on Sunday
The Minnesota Air National Guard honored 11 individuals by induction into the 2022 Flight of Honor at a ceremony held at the 148th Fighter Wing in Duluth on Sunday, Oct. 9, at 2 p.m.
“The Flight of Honor is a celebration of those who demonstrated uncommon achievement or gave their life while serving in the Minnesota Air National Guard,” said Minnesota Air National Guard Chief of Staff, Brig. Gen. Chris Blomquist.
Military personnel who served at the 133rd Airlift Wing or 148th Fighter Wing can be nominated and inducted to the Flight of Honor based on heroism or distinguished professional achievement and service.
“This year’s inductees represent the Minnesota Air National Guard’s pioneers and heroes. Their legacy shall be remembered for generations,” said Blomquist.
The Inductees for the 2022 Flight of Honor will be:
• Brig. Gen. (Ret) Raymond T. Klosowski
• Brig. Gen. (Ret) John P. Silliman
• Lt. Col. (Ret) Darlene (Darcy) A. Anderson
• Lt. Col. (Ret) Henry T. Capiz (Deceased)
• Lt. Col. (Ret) Kou B. Vang
• Capt. James L. Verville (Deceased)
• Chief Master Sgt. (Ret) James A. Armstrong (Deceased)
• Chief Master Sgt. (Ret) Steve P. Campos
• Chief Master Sgt. (Ret) Bruce D. Graham
• Master Sgt. George R. Ion (Deceased)
• Staff Sgt. Thomas W. Lyons